Happy New Year!
It’s a new year and a time to start over with anything in your life that can be changed, most people call it a “resolution”. I have found however, most resolutions work for a while but begin to fizzle shortly after being resolute to maintain a goal. Sure we all want to lose a few pounds (except for all my friends who are basically “skinny” and have no added body fat – arrrgh!), to save more money for retirement or vacations or that vital repair job, to be a more positive person, or to get into the best shape physically of our lives (usually the first resolution to go). We have all been there in one form or another and we all have great ideals of what we all want to accomplish and stick to.
I’ve decided to do something very different – I began a “Vision Board” …
something that is always visible, in a prominent place, and things that are very specific to me. It has promises from the Lord, my passions, things need to change, see happen, prayer burdens, identity, goals, and so many other things which are in “Annie-code” and I can look at and immediately understand the deeper meanings. As I pray and meditate on those words or pictures I can get a sense of what God is saying about each, or understand strategy to work on my goals and life achievements.
Here are some of the ways that I will direct my focus and prayer:
- A: Laugh – Oh my gosh, I want to laugh more this year. Being with my family has made me realize how much I adore laughing until it hurts, such good medicine!
- B: Community – My husband and my passion for the area that we live in is to have a full body experience with everyone functioning in the Spirit and living whole-heartedly for God.
- C: Seminar/Life Coach – My dream for living for others is to impart all the years of learning and experience into training and coaching those around me in the things of the Spirit.
- D: Give – Giving isn’t just possessions and money, but your whole self to others around you. You have something that no one else in this world can give, each of us is uniquely made by God.
- E: Family – I want my natural family and my Christian family to come into their true destinies and purposes.
- F: Presence – Oh, that the whole world would be filled with His Presence and that I could live more deeply in it this year!
- G: Missions: Dwell Global – Basically, to go to the ends of the Earth and be with the peoples of other nations, bringing the Good News.
Try new things this year, see outside the box, and look for creative ways to find vision for your life.